Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sneak Peak

For all of you too anxious to wait, I decided to post a preview of what we'll be tasting Friday night at the inaugural Wine from A to Zin party. The theme for this party is wines from California, and they are all at reasonable prices. First, we'll toast to the night with the Roederer Estate Brut Anderson Valley. This sparkling wine is a spectacular value and my personal favorite. Next up will be the 2005 St. Supery Sauvignon Blanc Napa Valley. This is a popular wine in our household and brings back great memories of our trip to Napa Valley. Rounding out the whites will be the Cambria Katherine's Vineyard Chardonnay. And yes, I first tried this wine because it's named after my lovely wife. For Reds, we'll taste the current Rosenblum Vinter's Cuvee XXIX Zinfandel. This non-vintage wine is a complete steal at it's going rate. And finally, the 2002 St. Francis Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County. It's hard to find a high-quality California Cabernet for under thirty bucks, but this puppy does the trick. And if you hang around long enough, I might just wander to the cellar and pull out something special to try. Katie and I (especially me), are looking forward to Friday and know we'll all have an exciting time. Till next time..."Wine begs to be shared."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to tomorrow night...I'm sure we are all going to have a wonderful time. See you soon!!

Love, Mom