Saturday, October 14, 2006

Wine from A to Zin

On November 3rd, the world of wine will change as we know it. At least in Ashaway. Katie and I will be hosting a little gathering. The goal is to invite friends and family to our house to celebrate wine, but more importantly, each other. I find the best part of wine, is the people you share it with. The format is simple, arrive and enjoy. I'll be choosing five wines to be tasted that night. As the night progresses expect me to open my mouth. I'll try not to preach but educate and lead discussion on the world of wine and whatever is in our glasses at that point. If enough people are interested, we'll choose a bottle or two that was worthy of our praises and take orders. If there is enough demand for twelve bottles I will buy a case to be divided amongst those interested. As I said, the wine is simply a way to bring people together. I know I can't stand sipping my wine alone. Invitations for the party will be out soon, but please pass this message along to anyone else who may beinterested in attending. Till next time..."As they walked they chatted meaningless airport talk. She asked how the flight was. He asked how the traffic was. He said a bit bumpy. She said a bit slow. She asked how the food was. He asked what the weather was like. He said adequate. She said comfortable."--John Felty (A little preview of the book)

1 comment:

PatsFanDiane said...

Sounds like fun...can't wait! I know you will have a lot to educate us on with all your expertise on wine. The book also sounds like quite the read.