Sunday, October 22, 2006

Let the Games Begin...

In an earlier post, I discussed Swanson's 2001 Alexis. This blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Cabernet Franc, and Merlot, led to the heated debate between my wife and I. Could this wine age in the bottle for 5, even 10 years, and still taste spectacular? Katie argued the wine would be best in another year, I said give it 8 and it will still wow you. So I went out and bought two bottles. We put our names on them and will see who was right when we decide to open them. Of course, eight years is a long time to settle a bet. In other news, I am expecting a shipment of Pinot Noir in the coming weeks. Back in April, we barrel tasted at Patricia Green Cellars in Oregon and placed an order for a mixed case of futures. It was fascinating to pick out which wines we wanted to purchase before they were even bottled! And since we already paid for the wine in April, it feels like Santa is making an early trip south this year. I am also gearing up for my birthday (October 24th, its not too late to buy gifts!). My family will be taking me to Nicola's Uptown Cafe in Westerly for dinner, a wine dinner (what type of dinner did you expect). My wife and I will also be picking out wines for our Wine from A to Zin Night in the coming week. The festivities will commence at 5:30 on Friday, November 3rd. If your interested please leave a comment here, or e-mail me at riwineguy@gmail.com. Till next time..."I'd stumbled on the semiannual release of Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon, an event that's something like a cross between Woodstock and an Anway convention."--Jay McInerny Bacchus & Me

No comments: