Saturday, September 16, 2006

Too Long

It's been way to long since my last post. I need to get better at posting less words but more often. So here's a quick run down of what's new in my world of wine. I checked stock on my cellar the other day. It's dwindled down to around 45 bottles or so. I know, I know you're all thinking, "45 bottles is dwindling, what a wine snob!" I prefer you use term wine geek from now on. I am halfway through a nice biography of Robert Parker, Jr. and his successful Wine Advocate magazine. It's providing a lot of insight into the world of ratings and points in the wine industry. My dear friend Mike is off seeing the world of wine first hand for the first time. Thanks to an unbelievable scholarship, he is currently in California, visiting Napa, Sonoma, and Santa Barbara, before jet-setting to Italy and France. Needless to say, my jealousy boils in my stomach like a well aged scotch. Nonetheless, I am extremely proud of him. Other than that, the wine consumption front has been slow, hopefully it will pick up into the fall and winter months, I feel they are the best for drinking, and more importantly, admiring fine wine. Next post, should be the conclusion of the Parker book, or some quick notes on what stock is left in my cellar. Till next time..."Wine is one thing; drunkenness another."--Latin Proverb

2 comments:

Silveradohd59 said...

Awesome post Johnny, Mom just showed it to me, (I would have gotten there on my own...eventually)
Welocme back.......I need to do the same with my blog.....

love you lots!

PhillyD said...

Wow. I am totally blown away...

"My jealousy boils in my stomach like a well aged scotch."

That is quite possibly the best figure of speech I have ever heard. You definitely need to write a book after you retire. Your writing would have people in stitches, I kid you not. Hopefully I'll see you soon!