Saturday, September 30, 2006

Blogs and Books

Well, you pushed me far enough. A little prod from Phil, a push from my in-laws, and a big shove from my parents. I started writing my book. Are you happy now? I won't give much details though. It's a novel that involves wine. Maybe I'll drop some hints here and there, but I kind of want to keep it wrapped up while I work from now on. In other news, we had dinner at Up River Cafe again the other night. This time with my parents. A nice little Duckhorn Sauvignon Blanc batted lead off. Crisp, refreshing, and a real palate pleaser. With entrees came a 2004 Williams Seylam Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir. Oh how tasty! Medium to light bodied with hints of cherry. Not overly fruity like some Sonoma Pinots, specifically Russian River Valley. The food was great, as always. I also picked up some wine the other day. The first is a second label Bordeaux from the famed millennium vintage of 2000. I also got two cans of Niebaum-Coppola's Sofia Blanc de Blancs. Yes, I said cans. They are small, pink, aluminum cans that are labeled as "Carbonated White Wine." They come with cute little expandable straws. Our verdict, the can ruins the elegance of sparkling wine, and the flavors just didn't seem right. Big thumbs down. I also ordered two bottles of our new favorite, Alexis (see two posts down). Katie and I are going to be trying a little experiment with bottle aging. That's all for now. Till next time..."Good wine is a necessity of life for me."--Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks