Tuesday, March 21, 2006

2003 Silverado Chardonnay

Drinking the '03 Silverado Chard for the second night now. Its pretty solid but not quite worth its retail of 21-22 dollars, it would be more reasonable at around 16 dollars a bottle. I picked it up in Napa Valley last summer. When I dropped by Silverado, they gave me some great advice on when to drink my '97 limited reserve cabernet of theirs that I had received as gift. They were right on point, I had the wine last October and it was very fruit forward with some of the strongest plum flavors I've tasted and a nice dry cedary finish. Back to the Chardonnay, Wine Spectator gave it 81, I see it more in the 84-85 range and would only purchase it again to give the '04 vintage a try. The one thing it has going for it is that its a bit juicy and not overly dry. Till next time...Good wine + Good people = Great times

No comments: